Saturday, March 14, 2009

The dress up corner




In preparing for the arrival of my sis, Mary, and her family I realized that a frothing mess of imagination inspiring attire had taken over my little girl's bedroom.   I knew something needed to be done--quickly and cheaply.  Inspiration came from Amanda Soule's book, The Creative Family (chapter 4) and from a play day at the park after a big storm.  My kids and I collected all the branches we could fit in the back of our Ridgeline and took them home to our handsaw and sandpaper.  We stopped on the side of the road to collect a pallet too.  Two days later our free dress up corner was born--just in time for Mary and her family's two week visit.  After 14 days of Hawaii rain and clouds, I'm so thankful we made the effort--our boys made lifelong memories dressing up as super heros fully outfitted to protect their sisters from dragons and badguys and anything else their imaginations could come up with.  

1 comment:

  1. Julie,
    You just left me a message on my blog! Thanks so much and you should follow so that you're able to keep up with Me & My House happenings! Anyhow, I love the idea of this blog between you and your sisters...absolutely beautiful! I just added you guys to my list and hope to hear more from you...BTW, the dress up corner re-do would be a perfect project for my Freaky Friday Blogging each week...don't know which one of you did it but I love it. If you have before and after pics, send them my way! Okay, have a great week and Julie, see you at MOPS! Much love and God bless...

    ReplyDelete

About the Girls

Duvall, WA...Kailua, HI...Mt. Vernon, WA...Springfield, MO
Mary, Julie, Anne and Trish

Followers