Sunday, February 15, 2009

Free Stuff...It's bliss.


So Julie and I have decided that there is no shame in pulling up along side someone's trash at the curb and pulling out a treasure...I suppose there are some "rules" to doing this, but let's be real, we are always up for a bargain. I remember mom pulling over the big, grey suburban out in front of our high school to pick up a mink stole that was lying in the road. I am slightly scarred from this. We called it "road kill." I don't know whatever happened to it. Now that I am older...Mom, if you still have it, I could use it thrown over the back of a cozy chair or if it is in poor shape, maybe I could use it to make a pillow.


So far, my favorite free finds include a darling bookshelf and the TOP of my list is a woven rug, it's like, 4 1/2 ft in diameter!. It was my first find ever (go figure, the best so far). I was super nervous and had to go pick up my mother-in-law to go with me as moral support. She was the one that actually nabbed it. It was lying on the top (probably one of the unwritten rules mentioned above) and it looked like it had been laying on a dusty baseball field. I washed it several times in my (then old school) washer and it came out clean. I love love love it on my kitchen floor. I aspire to make my own woven rug someday, but let's be real....I have kids and it looks like a project that would take up too much space. I prefer tiny projects that can be hidden away in a bin, basket or bag during the day so I can pull them out when the kids go to bed and it's just me and my man enjoying some quiet. Ju does this too, and Mary....sheesh, she is the queen of gorgeous home-made gifts.

Anyways, here's my plug for free stuff. Free stuff is rad.

1 comment:

  1. your rug is at the top of my list of best every roadside finds. I love that I watched Josie play on it before she could crawl. I love too that it's in your kitchen--annoying sometimes I'm sure when things get spilled, but priceless as far as the coziness factor goes.

    ReplyDelete

About the Girls

Duvall, WA...Kailua, HI...Mt. Vernon, WA...Springfield, MO
Mary, Julie, Anne and Trish

Followers