Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Youngest

I am Trish. I am the youngest of Mary Ellen's girls. Perhaps that makes me the most blessed...not so much lucky. I don't like the word "lucky." It takes credit from our Creator. Why am I the "most blessed?" Because I get to watch and learn from my sisters. I always have and I always will. They are the 3 most important women in my life and to them I owe a great debt. They have saved me from some doozies.
So today, I woke up early, set the kids up with the sitter here at home and then headed off to my "out of the box" job. There I dove a 20,000 gallon fish tank, completed some routine maintenance and then headed home to make venison chili for dinner. It is refreshing that I have had the chili simmering on the stove for more than an hour now and my husband will have dinner ready when he gets home. Regretably, he usually has to wait. The girls have been napping, so for the past hour I have been reading info on the net regarding "worm composting." Julie is getting me started on it. I am trying to find a suitable supplier of starter worms here in Southwest Missouri. I currently have a coffee can of "compost" material filling on the counter. I look forward to seeing where it takes me. I plan on a bigger garden this year. Not only because of the economy, but I also desire to feed my kids the most natural, nutrient rich food I can. Cost being an issue....I need to work at supplying it myself.

1 comment:

  1. T, you need to write a book. You are such a gifted writer. I can't wait to do this blog with you.

    ReplyDelete

About the Girls

Duvall, WA...Kailua, HI...Mt. Vernon, WA...Springfield, MO
Mary, Julie, Anne and Trish

Followers