Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


My husband and I have had a Valentine's Day traditional dinner for 5 yrs. running. It's a shrimp recipe that I actually like. I am not a big fan of shrimp (beings as I live smack dab in the middle of the US), but this recipe is a keeper....and it gives the illusion that I worked really hard, but it's easy....always a bonus. Even, Josie, my 3 yr. old liked it....double bonus:


Shrimp Scampi from my Hana Hou cookbook:

2 T. butter
2 T. olive oil
4 lg. cloves garlic, minced
1/4 C. chopped parsley (fresh is important)
Juice of 1/2 lemon (more the merrier)
1/2 C. dry white wine
pinch of dried hot red pepper flakes
1# lg. shrimp, shelled and deveined
salt and pepper

Heat the butter and oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat until the foam subsides. Add the garlic, parsley, lemon juice, wine, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 3 mins. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, 5 to 6 mins. until shrimp is pink. Place shrimp on serving plate. Pour sauce over them. The sauce ROCKS!!


Also, since it IS the day to show love...Josie made up a couple Valentines and we took them to a couple of single ladies that live nearby...It was so fun to watch proud little Josie sneaking Valentine's into the mailboxes. Fern joined us in the sling and it was good for all of us to get a little fresh air in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Girls

Duvall, WA...Kailua, HI...Mt. Vernon, WA...Springfield, MO
Mary, Julie, Anne and Trish

Followers