Sunday, February 15, 2009

My one and only diary post--Julie

MaryEllen's girls have discussed the need for introductions.  Trish, the writer among us appropriately posted hers before any of her other posts.  I, on the other hand, dread writing these kinds of things so I'm just now getting to it.
I am Julie, second of MaryEllen's girls.  I was the peacemaker of the group growing up.  Now I mix things up a bit because I have one of the craziest of the grandkids.  Life is sweet for me these days raising two kids as a stay at home mom.  Before that I was a commercial beekeeper for a little honey company here on Oahu; I produced honey and kept the bees "happy" for my employers.  Last year I began organic gardening, which can occur all year round here in Hawaii.  I am so blessed to live just off the beach,  making gardening a bit more complicated with all that alkaline soil.  
I am a helpmeet to a generous and hilarious and spontaneous husband--a work hard/play hard anti-procrastinator who refuses to allow our life to become boring.  Many things about our life are "up in the air" right now, so we're afforded a great opportunity to depend on the LORD instead of our own plan.   
My days include tons of cooking, playing on the floor, watering vegetable beds, and rinsing sand off my children's feet.  Thankfully, I have learned to see the beauty in a messy, and sometimes dirty house, that's full of love and fun and good food.  I have many interests, but some of them have gone on the shelf for a bit while I make the most of the short time I have with kids so fresh and responsive and eager to soak up the world.  
Right now it's naptime at my house.  While I'd love to curl up with a book and watch the passing shower move it's way across the bay and over our house, I'll just have to settle for smelling the fresh rain from my bedroom window while I fold the 3 loads of laundry that just barely made it off the line in time.  At least I'll have my cup of mint chocolate, roobis tea.
Oh, yes, I almost forgot...my favorite thing is afternoon tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Girls

Duvall, WA...Kailua, HI...Mt. Vernon, WA...Springfield, MO
Mary, Julie, Anne and Trish

Followers