Thursday, February 12, 2009

Julie's stuffed peppers


Wow, I made the best super easy dinner last night.  I went walking on the beach during dinner time with my friend and her newborn, so I wanted something made ahead that John could pop in the oven while I was gone.  The kids ate it all up (of course they first needed the enticement of heart shaped sugar cookies for dessert.)  We only had one left (pictured) for lunch today... guess we'll do paper, scissors, rock.

Stuffed Red Peppers
1 lb ground beef
1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice
2 eggs
2 Tbsp italian seasoning
1 tsp. salt
1 small onion chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup shredded cheese (I used romano and mozzerella)
6 red peppers

Mix everything but the peppers in a large bowl.  Cut peppers in half length-wise then trim away the stem and seeds.  Fill peppers with meat mixture.  I stored them in the fridge this way all day.  
Bake in a large baking dish at 350 for 40 min - 1 hour.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this recipe when the peppers come in on the plants this summer...I guess I could get peppers at the "wholesale club," but it would be cheaper doing it in the summer-time, not to mention....rewarding:) T

    ReplyDelete

About the Girls

Duvall, WA...Kailua, HI...Mt. Vernon, WA...Springfield, MO
Mary, Julie, Anne and Trish

Followers